What is a Dark Days Challenge?

The Dark Days Challenge was started by Laura McCrea at the Urban Hennery.
Unfortunately I couldn't get into her challenge, so I started my own blog.
The challenge is to try to eat one meal per week consisting of 100% locally produced food. I'm choosing to define "locally produced" as Washington State.
In my recipes I tell you the origin of the ingredients I use.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week Three of Dark Days Challenge

12/18/10
Breakfast
What I like the very best about this meal is that I did not do it intentionally! It was Saturday morning and I was planning my weekend. In my mind I inventoried what we had on hand and tried to think of a dinner featuring local food. I looked down at my plate and said to Dean, “THIS is a local meal! And I didn’t even try!”

Menu
Scrambled eggs (from local chickens)
Toast (bread made in Arlington)
Golden Glen Creamery butter (Bow)
Blackberry jam (made by a friend)
Salad sprouts (a seed mixture from the Sno-Isle Food Coop, grown in my kitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment